This week's metrics: 13436, which makes a current total of 24890.
I'm surprised myself, especially considering this is more than I've written in the past two weeks. It's amazing what a talk through about outlines and plot points and character developments can do for you. If only the first two weeks had been this good, I would've had a real chance at making it to 50k. Still, I'm really happy with how productive this week was, and how I'm progressing overall.
Of course, if you look at everything that I've written this month, and not just at NaNo, then I'd definitely hit 50k. Whatever. I don't regret writing for other people at the same time this month. What I will regret, though, when I'm going back and trying to piece together all the parts that I have done for NaNo is not writing chronologically. I don't doubt that my writing's been improving - it's hard to avoid when you're pushing yourself to write every day, regardless of how little - but oh god, it's going to be so obvious what was written when and ahhh, the editing and re-writing that'll have to happen to smooth it over and make it cohesive will be an absolute nightmare. That's not going to happen for a long while yet, though. I don't want to edit before I've completed a first draft which, at this stage, isn't going to be finished for months yet.
(F, if you're reading this, I HAVE, IN NO WAY, GOT MY SHIT TOGETHER. I am awful with continuity but linear writing? Not for me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment