Tuesday, 17 December 2013

forays into the great outdoors

Today T and I went on an adventure into nature. Despite the claims of 26 degree weather, the morning started off pretty cool. It did warm up later though, which was great. The trip to the park was pretty uneventful, apart from us ending up having to ask directions, and complaining about the amount of walking that we had to do to get there. If we didn't already know we were unfit, then that walk just proved it to us.

Once we got there, we proceeded on what was apparently a 3k, 1.5 hour walk. Maybe it's 1.5 hours if you exercise on a regular basis, but we managed to walk for about five minutes before stumbling to a stop for a break. Which, of course, became a regular occurrence throughout the rest of the walk. Still, we made it through, and then settled down at one of the tables for the picnic that we'd prepared to have. T brought popcorn, nectarines and sandwiches while I brought an array of other snacks. We got about halfway through lunch before we were ever so rudely interrupted by a bird flying right across the middle of our table, literally centimetres away from my face. Despite our valiant attempts to ignore it, it just kept interrupting us by flying close but then banking away at the last moment. Plus it kept eyeing us off. Ugh, birds. Then, of course, just as we'd almost finished packing up to relocate elsewhere it swooped over, snatched up a bit of the corn thin that I'd been snacking on and then landed on the wall. I abandoned the corn thin and as we walked away, the bird flew back to the table and continued eating. Clearly, this was not the first time it'd done so. BIRDS ARE THE SPAWN OF THE DEVIL.

We ended up relocating to the playground and pretty much just continued snacking and lazing around in the sun and being side-eyed by other people for another hour or so before leaving. If you discount the bird thing and the walking, it was a pretty good day. Definitely I wouldn't do the walking part again, laughs. Not unless I actually took up some form of exercise between now and the next time that I'd be going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment