Saturday, 4 January 2014

reflections on 2013 to make for a happy 2014

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Met up with M, saw LHW, made a legitimate effort to get hired, even though nobody seems to want my (occasionally) awesome self around. I guess these are all things that don't quite count. NaNoWriMo, though I didn't make the 50k. It's the effort that counts, right? I think I tried a lot of new things last year, which is nice.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even remember what my resolutions were, if I made them at all. I guess in this year the main ones will be to do well, as always, become a better person - someone who is more comfortable and happy with who she is, and to swear less. I find myself grasping for words that aren't swear words to describe things (feelings) too often nowadays. Also because I keep finding myself doing it around people who turn to me, shocked and say, "I never expected this from you!" to which my mental response is, "You don't (fucking) know me at all, do you?"

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, for which I am so thankful.

5. What countries did you visit?
None; the opportunities came at times that could not be taken. D:

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Chances to travel. Meeting up with the JEC, which is pretty much guaranteed. Better grades, ha. A real voice call with K, which is plausible. I think my 2013 was pretty good, though I wouldn't turn down chances at more new things this year.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
130409 // Leehom ; 130721 // TC ; 130926|131228 // ♥

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not failing. Not being too afraid to take steps. Overcoming past fears.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, this is a difficult question. I need to think more about this.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Archives tell me that while I sustained no serious illnesses or injuries, I was mildly sick throughout most of the year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
HTLHTL! Okay, no. Best purchase was probably my laptop.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A. C. S. L. M. T. K. For shared secrets and bright laughter and glitter smiles, for sadder endings and boo fluff, for friendship angst and diversity, and for advice and shoulders to lean on and love. ♥

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own, for the most part. And KCJ's. And A, definitely A.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, clothes, shoes? I need to start being more practical.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
NaNo! As much as I whined about it, it was so exciting to actually be doing my best to take part this year.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
Hey What's Up, ha. Wrecking Ball, the song that played on repeat while A, E and I basked in the heat of the fire, lulz. And, a little bit, Flash and 22.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think. I have a lot to be grateful for.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter D8 Thanks to the influx of cake and ice cream in the recent month.
iii. richer or poorer? So very much poorer. Unfortunately.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Studied more. Tried harder. Spent more time with D. Kept in better touch with important people, but especially H and L. Karaoke! Fancy outings with my favourite people! Experimental baking!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Been insecure and angry over stupid things that people do.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at home.

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Maybe.

23. How many one-night stands?
None, thank you.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I still don't really watch TV. What I caught of Elementary was great though.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I wouldn't say hate exactly. Dislike, certainly.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Divergent trilogy. But then, I didn't read many new books this year.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Twenty One Pilots.

28. What did you want and get?
A new laptop! More plushies. Better friendships. Love, in all its varied forms :*

29. What did you want and not get?
Better grades :(

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have this problem where I don't really watch movies either? Ore Ore, though. Because Kame <3

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21! I didn't do much on the actual day, but I had a joint celebration later with my younger sister and a bunch of people who are precious to me. I don't always dislike being social, you see.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Attending the wedding would have been nice, but I don't think I really have much to complain about.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Attempted fobby cute most days. Hopelessly casual on others, because sometimes I'm just too damn lazy.

34. What kept you sane?
T. K. O. K-T. K8. AJ. M. C. A. Good fic.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Akanugu and JS. Still my favourites, no matter what they do.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, and everything that came after it.

37. Who did you miss?
So many people, where would I even begin?

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Who did I even meet last year? A, maybe. (Does it count that even though I've known who she was for a while, we were only really introduced last year?) ♥ It's a hard decision though; she wins maybe only because she was one of the first people I met.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
For some unfathomable reason, I've been given the best friends in the world. So, I need to keep trying.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't think all the things you experience in a year can be summed up with a mere few words. Here's some good advice though:
後悔しないでいこう 恥捨ててこう // let's live without regretting, cast aside your shame 

Happy New Year ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment