They (whoever 'they' are) say that the good die young. Isn't it unfair how true that is?
I wonder what you'd be doing, if you'd survived and made it this far. I like to think we'd still be in contact, if you had; I like to think you would have been the reason for me to stay close with the group, too.
I was a little bit in love with you, did you know? I didn't expect to but it was one of those things that just happened over the years, the same way that waves shape mountains and winds carve canyons. There are people who are easier to be around, who you want to make the effort for. You were one of them. I think maybe it was the way you smiled, whole-hearted and genuine. It's hard not to love someone who is so inherently good.
I miss you. I don't think I'll ever stop. I don't think there's any shame in missing, in loving someone who was so beautiful.
Three years ago, remember the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment